Making the choice to schedule a family photo shoot can be hard. (I see that you’re here, so high five to you!) You want the updated family photos to hang on your walls, but you may also feel overwhelmed with the idea of planning outfits, finding a time that works for every family member, and worrying how the children will do. I’m here to tell you, we’ve got this!
My on location eye for light, combined with over 10 years of photographing families of all ages and sizes, gives me the experience we need to have a beautiful family photo shoot together, whether out in nature, at Biltmore Estate, or somewhere else you choose!
My approach to photography is natural and playful. I LOVE documenting your moments as they happen, whether that’s a perfect little yawn from your newborn baby, or your older kids playing a game in the other room. I am here for those snuggle moments, and in between moments that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
When you book your photography session with me, I will guide you through the hard parts, and the not so hard parts. I take away the worry and stress, and help with what to wear, how to prepare your partner and children for photos, how to choose your new wall art and hang it in your home, and more. I am here to help make this beautiful experience fun and seamless. After all, you have enough to worry about with keeping your family safe and happy in the day to day!
||• Access to my What to Wear Guide ...so that dressing your family is easier while your days are full of everyday life!
• Guide for preparing your family for your photo shoot ...so that you can worry less about your family, and enjoy the experience!
• Curated list of photo shoot location ideas …because I know amazing spots that I want to share with you!
• Outfit changes ...because you and your family may want to make a rock star outfit change!
• Password protected online viewing gallery to share with family and friends ...because you know Grandma will want to see your photos right away!
• Additional images and full gallery available for purchase ...$75 per single image, $200 for all images in gallery
• Access to hand crafted product purchases from my professional lab ...you will LOVE the wall art and framed art options to showcase your new photographs in your home!
• Print release for the digital images you choose
|After your photo session, I will begin editing your photos and will post a sneak peek on my social media channels within a few days. Then, I will continue to edit your images and have them delivered to you in an online gallery within 2 to 3 weeks.
From here, you can share your password protected online gallery with anyone you'd like, so that they can view your beautiful photographs and make purchases themselves. We know that your family members will want a sweet photo of your family right away!
• What should I bring? Just yourselves! Well, and maybe a few snacks. Full bellies make bigger smiles!
• How many photos will be in my gallery? Since every family and location is different, I cannot quote an exact number of photos that you will have to choose from in your gallery. However, most of my family photo sessions booked with the Grand Collection have 60 or more images, most of my family photo sessions booked with the Classic Collection have 40 or more images, and most of my family photo sessions booked with the Petite Collection have 20 or more images.
• When will my photos be ready for me to see them? Quickly! I will post a sneak peek on social media a few days after your session, and will have all of your images completed and in your gallery within 2 to 3 weeks.
• Where will my session be held? Wherever you’d like! Are you visiting Biltmore Estate while you’re here? Let’s meet there! Do you love the mountains and want 360 degree views? Let’s hike to a mountain summit! Do you love nature? Let’s meet near a creek for a beautiful location and play time!
• When is the best time of year to schedule my family photography session? Since Asheville has one of the best climates in the US, we can capture your photos any time of the year! Do you love spring and the bright greens and bright blooms? Let’s schedule in April! Do you love full green foliage? Let’s schedule in June! Have you always wanted photos during fall colors? Let’s schedule in October!
• How long is my family session? You can choose either the Grand Collection with up to 90 minutes of photography, the Classic Collection with up to one hour of photography, or the Petite Collection with up to 30 minutes of photography.
• Which length of photo session is best for my family? This depends on a few things, including number of people in the photos, number of locations, number of outfits, and how many photos you'd like. I'm happy to talk this over with you and help guide you to the collection that fits your family best!
• Do you travel for photography sessions? Yes! The prices listed in the photography collections above include locations within 30 minutes of Asheville, NC. Travel to farther locations is available for a small added fee.