Congratulations! Welcoming a new baby into your life is such a beautiful time.
Here at JMP, I LOVE being a tiny part of this, by capturing your sweetest moments! From maternity photos before the baby arrives, to newborn photos just after, I bring over a decade of experience photographing couples and newborn babies. My on location eye for light combined with 7 years of photographing newborn babies in their first two days of life, gives me the experience we need to have a beautiful photo shoot together, whether out in nature, in the comfort of your home, or in the photography studio.
|My approach to photography is natural and playful. I LOVE documenting your moments as they happen, whether that’s a perfect little yawn from your newborn baby, or your older kids playing a game in the other room. I am here for those snuggle moments, and in between moments that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
For your lifestyle newborn photography, we won’t use a lot of props. We will capture your new little bundle in your comfortable space, or the comfortable space of the studio, for an organic look and feel.
|When you book your photography session with me, I will guide you through the hard parts, and the not so hard parts. I take away the worry and stress, and help with what to wear, how to prepare your partner and children for photos, how to choose your new wall art and hang it in your home, and more. I am here to help make this beautiful experience fun and seamless. After all, you will soon have a new baby at home, and that is enough to worry about!
As soon as I arrive in your home, you will see me take off my shoes and wash my hands. When I enter your space, I want you to know that I take care in keeping your family safe.
*Newborn photography sessions can also be held in the studio. This is perfect for parents who want to get out of the house and capture their photos in the bright and beautiful natural light studio setting! It’s so comfortable here that you will want to stay all day! An additional studio rental fee of $150 applies.
||• Access to my What to Wear Guide ...so that dressing your family is easier while you’re busy with a new baby at home!
• Guide for preparing your family for your photo shoot ...so that you can worry less about your family, and enjoy the experience!
• Outfit changes ...so the baby can wear the outfit you want, and that sweet outfit from Grandma. Plus, you can rock a couple of different outfits, too!
• Password protected online viewing gallery to share with family and friends ...because you know Grandma will want to see your photos right away!
• Additional images and full gallery available for purchase ...$75 per single image, $200 for all images in gallery
• Access to hand crafted product purchases from my professional lab ...you will LOVE the wall art and framed art options to showcase your new photographs in your home!
• Print release for the digital images you choose
|After your photo session, I will begin editing your photos and will post a sneak peek on my social media channels within a few days. Then, I will continue to edit your images and have them delivered to you in an online gallery within 2 to 3 weeks.
From here, you can share your password protected online gallery with anyone you'd like, so that they can view your beautiful photographs and make purchases themselves. We know your family members will want a sweet photo of your new bundle right away!
Know that you want more than one session with me?
Check out my Watch me Grow collections, where you can bundle sessions together and save some cash!
Watch Me Grow Session Collections
Maternity Session • Lifestyle Newborn Session
3 Month Session • 6 Month Session
9 Month Session • 1 Year Session
Newborn Grand Collection + 1 Classic Session..........$1,150
Newborn Grand Collection + 2 Classic Sessions........$1,650
Newborn Grand Collection + 3 Classic Sessions........$2,150
Newborn Grand Collection + 4 Classic Sessions........$2,650
Newborn Grand Collection + 5 Classic Sessions........$3,150
- When is the best time to schedule my newborn photography session? I recommend having newborn baby photos taken within the first 5 days after birth, and definitely within the first 10 days. This is so that we can capture your new little bundle while they still have that newborn look and are still all curled up.
- When is the best time to schedule my maternity photography session? I recommend having maternity photos taken when you are 30-34 weeks pregnant. During this time most expecting mother's have a beautiful round belly and aren't too tired yet.
- What should I bring to my newborn photography session? I recommend that parents bring a few items that they love, like a couple of swaddle blankets, a hat or headband, a special outfit, a lovey, etc. I love when families bring simple items to help make their newborn photos uniquely theirs!
- How long is my photography session? You can choose either the Grand Collection with up to 90 minutes of photography, or the Classic Collection with up to one hour of photography.
- Where will my photography session be held? You can choose between an in home newborn baby photo shoot or an in studio newborn baby photo shoot. Typically maternity photos are captured at an outdoor location or in the studio.
- How many photos will there be in my gallery? Since every family and newborn baby is different, I cannot quote an exact number of photos that you will have to choose from in your gallery. However, most of my newborn baby sessions booked with the Grand Collection have 60 or more images, and most of my newborn baby sessions booked with the Classic Collection have 40 or more images.
- When will my photos be ready for me to see them? Quickly! I will post a sneak peek on social media a few days after your session, and will have all of your images completed and in your gallery within 2 to 3 weeks.
- Do you travel for photography sessions? Yes! The prices listed in the photography collections above include locations within 30 minutes of Asheville, NC. Travel to farther locations is available for a small added fee.