Happy Holidays! It’s been a while since I've posted about myself on the blog, and seriously, all of those beautiful weddings needed to be shared first! Here are 5 things to know about me, holiday edition...
1. I wait to celebrate Christmas until it’s actually the Christmas season. That’s right, I don’t do anything Christmasy before Thanksgiving. That’s mostly because Thanksgiving deserves to have its own holiday, and honestly pumpkin pie deserves its own time to shine!
2. I LOVE holiday parties! White elephant gift exchanges, potlucks, ugly Christmas sweater parties, whatever. I love them all! The outfit that I wore to this year's ugly sweater party was one of my favorites! You can find a photo of it below. :)
3. Spending Christmas day on vacation with only my husband and my dog is my favorite! Whether it’s at the beach or in the mountains, I LOVE having Christmas day to ourselves. We bake a quiche, open presents, go for walks, and watch LOTS of holiday movies.
4. I miss the snowy Christmas weather of the north. I’m originally from upstate NY, where we always had snow on Christmas. That white blanket of snow sure does make it feel more Christmassy to me.
5. My husband calls me a grinch, but I am definitely not a grinch! It just that... well... I really hate Christmas music. Yes, I know that sounds awful, but if you were forced to listen to Anne Murray’s Christmas album over and over again for a month, year after year, I think you would hate Christmas music, too! My Mom loved that album (and probably still does), however my siblings and I all really disliked it. It left all three of us with this in common- we cannot stand to listen to any Christmas music!
Happiest of holidays to you and yours!